Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rancho Bernardo Winery | Spencer & Max

Rancho Bernardo Winery...One word!  Awesomebeautifulquaintness.  Is that a word?  Just awesome.  The moment I walked onto the grounds, I was in awe of all the cute little shops, the landscaping, the cool tractors, all the structures and most of all the most friendly people.  While I was waiting for Spencer and Max, I walked the grounds and found a lot of cute signs and old tools hung around everywhere, it just added so much character to the place. 

Then I met Sam and her boys, a pure delight to meet them and the family...We walked around from one end to the other.  I was amazed and just lost for words that the boys were so extremely knowledgeable of all that was grown there (I'm pretty sure they grew up there)...they even gave me and Sam's friend Orlando a little lesson on the Licorice Plant...Spencer started chewing on one and I said to him, "You're really just chewing on it?" And Sam peeled one up and I pinched a piece off and tasted it....YUPP! Licorice it is...

I really enjoyed my time I spent with them at the winery, thank you! A place I will have to take the honey to and if you're in the area....definetly a place to stop at!




No comments:

Post a Comment